Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The New iPhone 5 Features at a Glance
Apple has finally unveiled the eagerly anticipated new Apple iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 has some major upgrades over the previous version. It is a thinner, taller and a lighter phone and people will get the opportunity to opportunity to put it through its paces, it officially started shipping on Friday, September 21, 2012. The latest version of the Apple iPhone allows access to the fast 4G wireless data networks. Apple has also introduced newly designed earphones which will ship with the new iPhone 5.
Design and Display:
iPhone 5 is the lightest, thinnest and the fastest smart-phone ever produced by Apple. The main difference in the iPhone 5 is the display. The screen is 4 inches long and the width remains the same as the previous version. The new display has 44 percent more color saturation and the touch sensor is integrated to fit well with the new display. The new dimensions make it easy for the user to get a better grip on the phone and control the keyboard with one hand. The display is specifically designed for the high definition videos and makes it much easier for users to play games and watch movies.
The new Apple iPhone 5 has an A6 processor for increased performance. Overall performance of the iPhone 5 is nearly twice that of the iPhone 4S. The new A6 processor helps a user browse web pages faster, play high end games better, opens applications within seconds, makes multitasking smoother and does many more tasks more efficiently. Apple has also introduced their latest operating system “iOS 6” making iPhone 5 truly a smart-phone. The new operating system is energy efficient and it will assist the users in using their phones with less hassle. Apple states that iOS 6 can provide 8 hours of talk time, 8 hours of LTE browsing, 10 hours of video playback time and 225 hours of standby time to the users.
Apple iPhone 5 has the same 8 mega-pixel rear camera on back, but they have introduced a new 1.2 mega-pixel camera on front and that has the ability to record videos at a resolution of 720p. The video resolution of the iPhone 5 can be compared to the resolution of a 40 inch flat panel TV. The camera also has a panorama or wide-angle feature for the convenience of users.
The new operating system and hardware specifications enhance the efficiency of applications in iPhone5. Apple has introduced new maps to the iPhone 5 and now has a voice navigation feature. The maps can show real time traffic data and three dimensional images of a city. The map is integrated by Apple’s voice recognition system “Siri.” Plenty of software upgrades can be seen in the new iPhone 5 and they will assist users to do whatever it is they like to with greater flexibility.
The charger of iPhone 5 is 80 percent smaller than the traditional 30 pin connector. Apple has also introduced new ear buds for iPhone 5 which they are now calling “EarPods”. The phone is extremely user friendly and any person in the market for a new smart-phone should buy it without thinking twice.
Related iPhone 5 Articles and News
- The latest Pictures of the New Apple iPhone 5
- The Latest News Stories About the Apple iPhone 5
- iPhone 5 full review: Finally, the iPhone we’ve always wanted
- First round of iPhone 5 reviews hit the Web
- Apple’s iPhone 5 launch weekend: 8 million units or bust?
- An Analysis of Apple’s new iPhone 5 Display
- What the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Means for Small Businesses and Local Search
- Five reasons NOT to get an iPhone 5
- 5 reasons I’m passing on the iPhone 5
- Apple’s iPhone 5: What does it Cost to Make?
- Samsung To Sue Apple Over iPhone 5, Court Filing Shows
- Apple’s iPhone 5: Everything you need to know (FAQ)
- Review: Apple iPhone 5 in Front of the Smartphone Pack
- Apple iPhone 5: What We Got vs. What We Wanted
- Apple iPhone 5 Review: It’s All About Refinement
- Apple iPhone 5 Still Comes up Short Against Rivals