Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
- Click Start
- Click Control Panel
- Click User Accounts
- Click on the account which you want to create a password disk
- Click Prevent a forgotten password which starts the Forgotten Password Wizard . This is found under Related Tasks
- Insert a blank, formatted disk into drive A, and click Next
- Enter the password in the Current user account password box
To use the recovery disk, at the Welcome screen
- Click the user name whose password is on the recovery disk
- Click the question mark button
- This causes the Did you forget your password message to appear.
- Click use your password reset disk
- This will start the Password Reset Wizard.
From this point, just follow the wizard’s instructions and you will be able to set a new password. It is different if you are part of a domain, see next tip.